Thursday, September 24, 2009

A time of inspiration

It's that time of year when we no longer want to wear the summer designs and for most that means switching to warmer, richer colors and textures. Autumn happens to be my favorite season and the trees in my backyard are already turning golden and fiery red. It's a time of inspiration and a time of frustration. Frustration because I have more supplies on hand than I have minutes in the day right now. Also because I am learning the ins and outs of ordering supplies from suppliers I don't know and learning that some don't have very high standards. Don't worry, you won't see any chipped beads or stones in my shop but lately, dealing with returning damaged beads has taken up a lot of my time.

There will be plenty of new designs in the shop in the next few weeks including many more wire wrapped pieces and a few with gemstones I am very excited to share with you. I am fairly sure we will have another summer next year but to make room in my limited work area, I have decided to have a $10 sale of some of my summer designs. Grab them while you can!

Also, when you consider making a purchase of any kind of handmade goodness on Etsy, search for items involved in Etsy Project Embrace. All or some of the proceeds of these items go to the American Cancer Society. This project started in support of fellow artisan Laura Slocum who is battling ovarian cancer. She is now in remission so let me hear a big ol' Yahoooooo from all of you! For me it is also personal, in memory of my beloved father who was a fighter but lost the battle.













6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your father's battle with cancer. How awful that must have been to go through and still deal with today.

    Your new jewelry is gorgeous, as always! That geode piece is calling my name :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry about your Dad:( Unexpected things happen in life but we must carry on even though it's hard. Wishing all strength to you!

    I love that pair of hoops with small lava stones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry to hear about your dad's battle with cancer but it is very nice from you to let us now about Project Embrace, I didn't know it existed.
    I am curious to see your new additions to the shop! ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear about your Dad, Anna! I was very close to mine and know how you must feel!! Too many loved ones still lose the fight to cancer! Hopefully more people will become aware of and contribute to this worthy cause!! xo Cait

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of these pieces are so beautiful. Cancer certainly affects way too many families and it is with things like Etsy Project Embrace...that we will be able to figure out the cure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your work is mesmerizing!

    Recently I've a few cases of quality problems & returns with gemstone suppliers. Some were professional, while others won't. I guess you find your own tested suppliers by trial & error.

    Sorry to hear about your father. I've lost family members to cancer as well. I hope regular check-ups and pro-active measures will help to detect signs early for most people.

    ReplyDelete