Monday, November 2, 2009

Rough Stuff

Perfectly faceted beads can be amazing and I do thoroughly enjoy them but there is something about imperfection that makes my heart skip a beat and beads that are rough cut or shaped with a hammer usually capture that raw look that I am after. Well, I just received the most amazing hammer shaped beads and simply had to create something so here is the result, three of them being a series of the same design but with a very different feel due to the stone.





5 comments:

  1. Those are gorgeous, Anna! Congrats for being in a gift guide! I love hammered stones as well. I also went a little crazy on some new rough hammered stones and can't wait to finish those pieces and show them to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree, rough is beautiful, assymmetry is beautiful (and your work is always beautiful too ;O))

    ReplyDelete
  3. We share the same love :) I've always been more drawn to imperfect & distressed looking beads rather than pretty shiny ones. Without sounding like a cliche, there's so much beauty in the raw, like it's form by nature. Beautiful work there!

    ReplyDelete