Saturday, April 4, 2009

Adventures in jewelry making

Sometimes it is simply time to start a new chapter in life. I have had a strong need to create all my life and have been painting since, well forever. Lately I have found myself drawn to much more detail oriented crafts, like sewing children clothing and now jewelry making. I dare to say it's a new addiction as well as an amazing creative outlet.
Just a few days ago, I decided to list some of my earrings on my favorite website Etsy. You can find me at www.noblegnome.etsy.com . I am offering free shipping through the month of April and will be adding many more pieces in the following weeks.
The earrings to the right are made of incredible aquamarine fossil stones that I have completely fallen in love with. They are vintage and very difficult to find these days, making them even more precious. They are just to beautiful on their own so I decided not to add any other beads to these earrings. A lot of times, simple is better.
I soon found out that taking pictures of my earrings was much more time consuming than actually making the piece. With practice I suspect this will come more easily but let me tell you, with two unbelievaly energetic children and a nutty Boxer running around the house it is not an easy task.

No comments:

Post a Comment